of Slovakia, Peng Shuai of C

Vasi prijedlozi i pitanja u vezi bol-chat foruma
Odgovorite
sakura698
Svakodnevni prolaznik
Svakodnevni prolaznik

of Slovakia, Peng Shuai of C

Post Postao/la sakura698 » 04 Mar 2020 04:42

TORONTO -- Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri apologized Saturday for insulting Brooklyn before an outdoor gathering of fans in advance of Torontos NBA playoff game against the Nets. Jordan Willis . Brooklyn had the last laugh, however, hanging on for a 94-87 victory in Game 1 of the first-round best-of-seven series. Emotions ran high as the Raptors returned to the playoffs for the first time since 2008 and Ujiri helped stoke the pre-game fire. Ujiri, a former NBA executive of the year in Denver, took the stage before the afternoon game to address pumped-up fans under bright sunshine at Maple Leafs Square. The moment seemed to get to him as he paired an F-bomb and Brooklyn on his way off the stage. The crowd loved it, roaring in response. He handed the microphone to his boss, MLSE CEO Tim Leiweke, who smiled and shook his head before leaving the stage. Video of the trash talk quickly surfaced on Twitter and other social media. The GM was quick to do damage control, with team officials summoning media for a halftime gathering in the hall outside the playoff media centre at the Air Canada Centre. "I apologize. Wrong choice of words out there," Ujiri told some three dozen media. "This thing is really not about me, its about the players and the playoffs. So just trying to get the crowd out there rattled. Wrong choice of words. "I apologize to kids out there and to the Brooklyn guys. Nothing against them. Just trying to get our fans going. Thats it." He declined to take questions. But he offered an addendum, over his shoulder, as he headed down the corridor. "You know how I feel," he said. "I dont like them (the Nets) but I apologize." Adding to the drama of the day, the shot clocks stopped working -- prompting a break -- in the third quarter. The shot clock was subsequently counted down by longtime PA announcer Herbie Kuhn as he looked at the stopwatch held by the official next to him. Kuhn likely needed a post-game throat lozenge. The crowd was loud and proud inside the building and out. Those inside sported giveaway white T-shirts with the words Northern Uprising around a Raptors logo on them. Drake, hip-hop star and Raptors global ambassador, sported one of the shirts under his jacket in his normal courtside perch. He was heavily involved in the Raptors rebrand, built around the slogan "We The North." Ujiri was feisty prior to the series, after talk the Nets may have slipped down the standings in order to face the Raptors. The Toronto GM said his team "havent lost one second of sleep worrying about the Brooklyn Nets." "They can do whatever they want," Ujiri said Thursday. "Well be right here." The Toronto Sun tabloid helped stir the pot with a Page 1 headline that said "Raptors vs. Dinosaurs," in a shot at Brooklyns aging stars. Game 2 is Tuesday at the Air Canada Centre. Toronto (48-34) and Brooklyn (44-38) split four meetings during the regular season. Roy Ruskusky .com) - Maria Sharapova rallied for a three- set win over Ana Ivanovic on Saturday to capture the season-opening Brisbane International tennis tournament. Dennis Smith . "It was awesome," he said. Coming off an ugly three-game sweep at the hands of the Yankees, Toronto found itself in a deep hole early after the Reds put an eight spot up on starter Liam Hendriks (six runs in 1 2/3 innings pitched) and Todd Redmond in the second. https://www.cheapnfljerseyschina.co/ . According to a report from ESPN, the veteran safety has signed another one-year deal with the team Raiders, the team that drafted him, and who he returned to last year after a long stint with the Green Bay Packers.MARRAKECH, Morocco -- Patricia Mayr-Achleitner of Austria surprised second-seeded Elina Svitolina of Ukraine 7-6 (2), 3-6, 6-2 in the first round of the Grand Prix SAR on Tuesday. Svitolina made seven double faults and blew a 5-2 lead in the first set. The Ukrainian teenager then broke for a 5-3 lead in the next set to even the match. But Mayr-Achleitner broke Svitolina three times in the final set. Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia, Peng Shuai of China and Romina Oprandi of Switzerland survived three-setters to reach the second round. The top-seeded Hantuchova made the decisive break in the penultimate game to outlast Czech qualifier Renata Voracova 3-6, 6-2, 7-5, the sixth-seeded Peng beat Tunisian wild card Ons Jabeur 6-4, 2-6, 6-1, and Oprandi rallied past IItalian lucky loser Anastasia Grymalska 5-7, 6-1, 6-4. Bill Mackrides. Spaniards Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor, Garbine Muguruza and Lara Arruabarrena won their first-round matches in straight sets. Torro-Flor cruised past fourth-seeded Bojana Jovanovski of Serbia 6-2, 6-2, the fifth-seeded Muguruza did not face any break points in her 6-2, 6-2 win over Julia Glushko of Israel, and qualifier Arruabarrena downed Urszula Radwanska of Poland 6-1, 6-3. Radwanska still hasnt won a match on the main tour this season. Stefanie Voegele of Switzerland and Alison Van Uytvanck of Belgium also advanced to the second round. Voegele fired nine aces in her 6-3, 6-2 defeat of Silvia Soler-Espinosa of Spain and Van Uytvanck ousted Alexandra Cadantu of Romania 6-4, 6-1. ' ' '

Odgovorite